UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1977: EMI fires Sex Pistols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: 1977: EMI fires Sex Pistols Reply with quote

1977: EMI fires Sex Pistols
Thursday 6th January 1977

Twenty seven years ago since EMI fired the Sex Pistols!

The Sex Pistols signed up with A&M records in March 1977
Punk is fast aproaching 30 years! Incredible!
BBC Article
1977 was the year the Sex Pistols played at the Queensway Hall
in Dunstable, does anyone have any memories of that gig?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Pistols Reply with quote

With regards to the queensway gig, no, but my brother tells me that they also played in the cellar bar of the hunt hotel in Linslade, L. Bzzd, that same year. Anyone else remember that ? I know the Jam and The Clash played Tiddenfoot leisure centre, Linslade, for sure though. Jx.
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: 'Top' punk groups in LB Reply with quote

Jay-
I do not believe that the Sex Pistols ever played The Hunt Hotel- I think your brother is mistaken (break it to him gently). By the way, what cellar bar ? There was a bar at the rear, overlooking the park where bands played-I went there a number of times. (This bar is now a restaurant). The Jam played at The Hunt, not The Tiddenfoot- but The Clash DID play Tiddenfoot- this was THE classic- and first- LB punk gig. I wasn't there (bollocks !) but I know 4 people who were... The Sex Pistols were lined up to play the Bossard Hall, LB, in the Autumn of 1977, on the S.P.O.T.S. tour (Sex Pistols On Tour Secretly)- but - apparently- the Council got wind of it, and promptly cancelled the show. Yes, LB had some extraordinary
gigs for a very short while- then it went back to normal....zzzzzzzzzz
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: gigs Reply with quote

Good Evening Ian, Thanks for that, my brother's memory of those days may well be a little fuzzy and continues to be so, happily, today. He does remember the Jam and the Clash though, albeit perhaps not the correct venues ! Hawkwind playing Woburn Woods, there's another one, i was there, it was our party ! Yeah Baby x.
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Pistols Reply with quote

I went to their first 'reformed' gig at Finsbury Park, what an excellent gig, they sure had been practicing. Put paid to all those who said they couldn't play. Steve Jones guitar hero, yes indeedy. Almost as good as being able to see Elvis, if a bit more lively. I think i saw Jackie ,from Bedford, but i wasn't altogether sure it was her.In any case i fell asleep through the Buzzcocks, having seen them a few times, Iggy was excellent as ever.......Must have been all that beer, or what my friends were smoking.............J x.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220036787397&fromMakeTrack=true

hmmm , i was living in dunstable at the time but i was only 13. boy i'd have loved to have been there Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: