UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goth rock killed punk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin/Bedford

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Goth rock killed punk Reply with quote

I could never understand the attraction of goth. Poor old sousixe and Robert Smith spawned a million clones, how original is that ? Walking around like Bela Lugosi, dressed up like the rocky horror show, sprinkled in talc, and wearing lipstick and talking bollocks. No thanks. I went to see The Misfits last year, the venue, was jam packed with idotic twats who had splashed out £30 on the long sleeve skeleton misfits tops, bracelets, £100 biker boots, leather jackets, and face studs. Hey, lets face it, I could`nt even afford to dress like that if I wanted to. And these arseholes think they look cool, tonight a goth, tomorrow back in the office licking the bosses fat arse. We live and we dream , for the next halloween. (Dead Kennedys).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what exactly are you doing on here, except insulting everyone ? Got many friends have you ?
Justin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god, you are all a bunch of middle class cunts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be so bloody daft neither did goth kill of punk
nor is this forum full of middle class c**** aint you got anything better to do?.
Justin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I take it back, geezers in makeup is cool, Bauhaus were a great band, and Simon Lebon is not fat .Ahhh....nope, its simply not working, hmmmm, ive seen The Mission twice, and kinda like Nick Cave, does that give me goth potential.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goth rock ate my hamster !!
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: goth never killed punk Reply with quote

goth and punk are a seperate issue. still lots of good old and new punk bands around, like there is with goth. you cannot compare both.
most bands progress and didnt want to stay the same, like the damned.
ive seen them late 1977 and still see them now. still good live.
bands like vibrators , uksubs are still going strong and great live.
punk and goth fashion is sometimes mixed, and i remember some male punks wearing eyeliner, and makeup. in 1977.
i think its great seeing people who look different, unlike the avarage chav today.

fuck everyone else, do what you want,dress how you want.
mh
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you define "Goth". It's certainly not the flour and hats brigade, who were just picked up by the press as an easy and digestible group of bands to slap a convenient label on.

UK Decay, Sex Gang Children and Southern Death Cult are "Goth". The likes of the Sisters are just revivalist rockists with a penchant for the dark and slithery every now and then.

And punk didn't reallt die. It served a purpose at the time, and it's purpose has now been served - that's all. Still great music though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: