UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Split-Single Era Recollections...lost!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phibes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Split-Single Era Recollections...lost! Reply with quote

The guy who ran this Newport Pagnell zine "Suspect Device" and organised the Spizz/UKDK/Transistors/Sore Willies gig at the Crauford Arms, Wolverton, sold bootleg tapes within the back pages of his grubby little periodical. Namely bad C90 run offs of "Spunk Rock", "Indecent Exposure", "Times Up" etc bleedin etc...so I sent in a grubby little pound note for a recording of the Banshees "love in a void" 10inch...well, after ten fucking weeks no show through the post, so I get his number, ring him and the tape is sent (where is all this going?)...ANYWAY, the C90 he sent had the banshees bootleg on one side and an interview with UKDK/Pneumania on the other side! Dear friends, dont get too excited as was 1979 and I have long lost this rare item, most regretably, but remember Gaynor certainly being the loudest, Abbo the most erudite and vocal, then it all going quiet when Steve the voice went forth...

Ive got a horrible feeling this may have been the master tape and that was that...but one day, when technology allows, Im hoping a device will be brought forth that will allow recordings to be made from my fairly damaged cerebral cortex for us all to experience again!

Has anybody else knowledge of this tape/fanzine/interview?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: FANZINE Reply with quote

paul o'reilly R.I.P.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: