UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question for spawn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: question for spawn Reply with quote

Hello Spawn, hows it going mate
I just wondered can you record while you are playing LIVE through an external keyboard with reason 2.5 i am going to upgrade to reason 3 when ive got enough power to run it. Are you running reason 3 yet???,
Please let me know what you think of it cheers mate PJ

Wink
t rex

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: spawn of the bevil Reply with quote

where this spawn then he doesnt seem to answer questions very fast is he asleep somewhere ? lol
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Where is Spawn? Reply with quote

Where is Spawn?
Where is Spawn?
t rex wrote:
where this spawn then he doesnt seem to answer questions very fast is he asleep somewhere ? lol

No doubt he is totally imersed into the Latest version of Reason so I
guess he is up to his eyeballs with virtual patch leads and algorhythms!

I will go and rattle his cage and remind him of his duties!

In a Reasonable way of course!
Laughing Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
the Poacher

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: hel;p spawn help Reply with quote

Dear Spawn
I wonder if thee will be getting out of thy spachcer soon ,
thou hath midi up my church organ to reason and im using the pipes as thou speakers obviously, the problem is i blew the roof of the local church and now im in hiding down the boggy fen way. so i need to work off thy lap top speakers for a while what i need to know is Is there anyway i can route individual instruments in reason to different channles in nuendo to mix?
and Is there anyway to assign certain samples to certain keys? Like say I have 5 samples, and I wanted C1 to have sample 1, D1 to have sample 2 and so on... is that possible?
thanks spawn
Shocked
spawn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: hel;p spawn help Reply with quote

DEAR POACHER
question 1
You can route individual instruments from reason to mixer and midi channels in cubase sx. The same method is used for nuendo by use of rewire. I found this great article at the following website:
http://www.propellerheads.se/support/reason/rewire/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=cubase_sx
This article explains will explain audio midi routing of reason channels using cubase sx and a lot more relevant material.

Question 2

as for your second question, i'm not sure yet but i can tell you what i do for fx samples, which still will do similiar to what you require. And other optionS you could consider:

Option 1.

Place your 5 samples in a folder then import all the samples at once into the nn19 sampler, by using (ctrl a) to select all the samples in the folder. the samples should be assigned cdefg notes in the sampler. Using a midi keyboard the samples can be played by depressing the keys. Or by drawing midi notes in the sampler midi channel. the samples may not follow the order you would prefer but still 5 and upwards of different samples can be triggered seperately where you can input your own order of sample playback.
it would be advisable to first match the tempo of the song to the samples tempo or vica-versa with loops, with eg nuendo audio timestretch function.

Option 2.

You could turn your loops into rex2 files using recycle to be used by reason dr rex player i.e 5 rex files for five dr rex players.
the loops will all be on time and will all be on different channels for the choice of different reason effects or for cubase sx vst plugins in rewire mode. the same for nuendo.

Option 3

could load samples into the redrum.
the Poacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Many thanx Spawn Reply with quote

Thanks Man,

Thats made life a lot easier, It seems simple when some explains it, I have been barking up the wrong tree until now thanks again,
now i am having fun instead of pulling my hair out see you soon,
Very Happy Poacher
spawn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: still waiting for the prawn Reply with quote

yes pj you can sorry for the late reply try me on yahoo later. p.s. reason3 is good, there is a computer music special out dedicated to reason 3 at the moment.
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: HELLO MATE Reply with quote

No Worries ,

Did you see spono put a good explination up about output question you asked, regarding Halion Have a look, cheers PJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: