UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Crap Towns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mh
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: More Crap Towns Reply with quote

I reckon that the midlands of Ireland takes some beating when it comes to crap towns. I've just spent 2 days on a short driving tour, mixed in with some work and drinking and watching football and stuff. Here's some choice photos (powerpoint slideshow):

http://www.esatclear.ie/~mhiney/MidlandsOdyssey.pps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: another crap town Reply with quote

Stevenage
blinkpoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: more crap towns Reply with quote

coalville and ellistown come to mind,there about 10 miles outside of leicester Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sandra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: more crap towns Reply with quote

blinkpoker wrote:
coalville and ellistown come to mind,there about 10 miles outside of leicester Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Went to buy a property once in coalville, Agar Nook was the estate. Kept thinking of agadoo!!! The garden was full of pint glasses having been chucked over from the next door pub. Never bought the property and never went back. Definately CRAP town.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: crap town Reply with quote

Has to be said......Bletchley......don't know how that one has escaped for so long....!
blinkpoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: more crap towns Reply with quote

agar nook used to be the posh part of coalville but it's now full of lowlife Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cyberman2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agar nook used to be very select when it was part of whitwick before being transferred to coalville. it was a farm, believe it or not....and only posh people lived there, like my family Wink
blink poker
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to live on the greenhill estate and half of agar nook was still farmers fields when i used to go castle rock school,yes agar nook was all posh houses back then...cant believe we're discussing about a shit hole in leicestershire on a luton based website... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: "Greetings from Bury Park: Race, Religion, Rock'n'Roll& Reply with quote

from The Guardian, Friday May 25, 2007

Love in a cold climate

[i]In this extract from his new memoir, Sarfraz Manzoor describes growing up in a traditional, working-class Pakistani family in Luton - with the prospect of an arranged marriage weighing heavy upon him[/i]

Everything I knew about marriage I learned from my parents. When my mother arrived in Britain in the spring of 1974 she had been married to my father for 14 years but they had never lived alone together. Shortly after their wedding in Pakistan, my father had travelled alone to Britain, where he hoped to build a better life for his family. He was still alone when he settled in Luton, where he found a job at the Vauxhall car factory.

Article continues: http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/relationships/story/0,,2088038,00.html
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: crap towns? Reply with quote

how about corby? now thats' one crap town, its not even a town at all, just one street full of stalinist concrete and shit shops full of old bric a brac. the only excitement is the chippy which sells the de rigeur glasgow deep fried mars bar, as corby is a dead steel town, where the only Religion is whisky and wife beating.

Imagine punk hitting there in 1976...Nah, it was all QUO fans with long ginger hair, no front teeth, and borstal tattoos.

UGGGH... Scary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: