UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

off to a 'punk gig' tonight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: off to a 'punk gig' tonight! Reply with quote

off to a 'punk gig' tonight!

Yes off to see 'Tarrantasism' and 'Pain' at the 'Cider Shed' somewhere in norfolk

Its years since i have been to a 'Punk' gig, better take me cotton wool!

LOL! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: 'Trantasism at the 'Cider Shed' Reply with quote

'Trantasism at the 'Cider Shed'

sun11th aprl...Just got back from last nights gig and party which was at the Cider Shed in Banham, norfolk...talk about in the 'sticks'!

The 'Punk' band 'Pain' didnt play but the band 'Tarantism' were breaking out their celtic roots mixed with funky duby beats to a packed crowd lashing it up in the 'Cider Shed'.

If anyone out there remmembers the 'Free the Spirit' fezzies or has been to 'J' day, or Glastonbury or the Hackney festival you may have experienced Tarantism's cultured rhythms and evocative atmospheres.

Anyway they played a wicked set over 2 hours i think which made me want to hear more!
Stop Press....Tarantism will be apearing at this years ( 2004) J-Day'
Watch this space for further details!

aTarantism at 'J Day', 2000
http://tarantism.8bit.co.uk

after the gig
We found our way back to 'Fleeceys and Sandras' yard for an after gig bash! ( Fleece is Tarantism's sound engineer who also hires out PA rigs and has supplied many a Free Fezzie with Sound rigs!) along with a crate or three of freshly brewed cider!

In the 'mele' of shcmeeneyedness that followed I later recall being really impressed with some newish material from one of UK Decays compatriot bands..'Killing Joke'. famous for the Funky slabs of hard power rhythms, coupled with raucous demonic raps!

decay had played a number of gigs and a football match with Killing Joke in the early eighties and it was really suprising to hear that they were still 'on it' with their sound...'Big up'!
http://www.killingjoke.com/

and here..
http://www.invisiblerecords.com/bands/killingjoke/

Thanking.Tarantism,Fleece and Sandra, Smurfy, Dr Gazz, Henk and Martyn ( VideoHead) for a great night out!
Ok bye for now!

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: