UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROADMENDERS, NORTHAMPTON
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Cool is that, Finding someone that you haven't seen in about 20 yrs Very Happy
You Have mail Bonzi.
Cheeers
Spike
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Roadmenders R.I.P ! Reply with quote

Roadmenders R.I.P !

The 'Roadmenders' legendary Northampton venue
Pic by Bonzi...taken December 2005

Even Larger view

Thanks to Bonzi for supplying this pic.

Any memories of gigs at the Roadmenders?
please let us know..post reply below !

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Roadmender Reply with quote

Memories?

CRASS - POISON GIRLS
KILLING JOKE
FATAL MICROBES
DISCHARGE
DAMNED
UK DECAY (Of course)
PUNISHMENT OF LUXURY
GETTING THE FEAR
FAITH NO MORE
ZODIAC MINDWARP
CRAZYHEAD
MARCH VIOLETS
NEW MODEL ARMY
SISTERS OF MERCY
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: the list was endless Reply with quote

i saw many good bands, mainly punk, i hated crass. (thats personal).
i remember the anarchist punks, who moaned about buses being late, and hated the system but were on the dole. 5 years to 1984. arm bands.
well 1984 had been and gone. so glad split up.
when i was djing there til 2005. lots of good bands still played, new model army, damned,dropkick murphys.killing joke.

roadmender will open again soon, new management. shame i dont like the person who will run it. as he slated the venue in the newspaper before it closed. now he will run it, or something on those lines.
its all secret at the moment, i dont know more.
paulb
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems like Bonzi had good inside information (is he secretly a lawyer for the council? That would explain the frustration he felt at Crass moaning that the buses were late, I always loved there album 'where's the bloody bus got to' ) and Bill Davison, the owner of the soundhaus, another pretty good venue in Northampton, one in fact that has always had a lot better bands on than the Roadmender truth be told (the general rule of thumb is the Soundhaus has them on the way up, so hello Killers, Scissor Sisters, Arctic Monkeys, Hot Hot Heat to name a few who have played there over the last couple of years and the Roadmender has them on the way down, although there have been a large number of notable and memorable exeptions to this rule) has bought the venue. This is great news for Northampton and although I'm sure that the Soundhaus will now close as it seems unlikely he will be able to support both venues along with his other ventures such as a pub (the End) and the Black Cat Jazz Bar it still allows him to keep on what he has been doing at the Soundhaus as well as attracting bands to Northampton who are a little more advanced in there career.

I imagine that private ownership will be a good a thing in terms of the success of the venue as he must have had to produce a working business plan that does not include funding from various local authority and charitable sources, funding that can be taken away as easily as it is awarded, as we saw last year. And if he did slate the Roadmender, before it closed last year, in the paper, well maybe he was just trying to push along an outcome he astutely saw as inevitable after council mismanagement (Northampton Borough Council have after all been an officialy failing council for the past three of four years)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: