UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The obvious question AND a promise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: The obvious question AND a promise Reply with quote

What everyone usually asks is will the album ever get re-released on CD? Abbo told me at one point that Southern were the reason it hadn't appeared during ther 90's, for reasons of their own. Is that still the case?

The same goes for 'A Night For Celebration' - and how about some of the bootlegs which went around in reasonable numbers?

Can't there be a few choice releases put together, or did you give up the rights?

AND I will look through my stuff next week for reviews. I am releasing three books abou Punk (as well as three on Goth) as pdf extravaganzas on CD. The first Punk book will be out this month and it's 500 pages long.

There's a couple of Abbo interviews in there, which are sprawling entities from my Panache fanzine which I will just leave on the CDs, along with a Punk Lives interview, but I could give you some reviews to reprint?

If you did find a way to put interviews up on the site in illustrated form I could give you those, but they would take eight to ten pages each due to the way these things work! At least a review only takes up about a page.

I think I have a review of the album, the cassette and the final gig - probably all from ZigZag/Maker/Punk Lives.

I'm at my girlfriend's place until Tuesday. So expect something next Wednesday.
mickmercer
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a post by me. It told me I was logged in. ARSE!!!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Cheers for the pics Mick! Reply with quote

Cheers for the pics Mick!

Welcome to the Forum!

Its an honour to see you here!
Quote:
What everyone usually asks is will the album ever get re-released on CD? Abbo told me at one point that Southern were the reason it hadn't appeared during ther 90's, for reasons of their own. Is that still the case?

In the early nineties a couple years before Steve passed away we, UK Decay came together to discuss re-releasing UK decay material on CD

Myself and Steve as representatives of the band spent an afternoon in Southern studios discussing the idea of this with John Loder ( Abbo for reasons only known to himself did not wish to communicate with Southern directly!).
We also had a listening session to the old tapes. Southern had their own ideas of a potential re-collaberation but on discussion of these with Abbo, it was decided we would have to go back and re-negotiate a better 'Deal'

That was the situation at the time, both Steve and I were 'unhappy' at playing the role of business 'negotiation' . A short while later Steve went to India and the next time we met was at Steves funeral, we decided to leave the CD project for a while and get back to it later.

That was the last time until he rang me up out of the blue one day last year, that i have heard from him. At that time it was to discuss the 'Rough Trade Positive Punk Compilation', we didnt touch on the CD project!

According to my recollection, the 'Rights' to the UK Decay material should in theory, belong to UK Decay Records, ..for the rights to 'For My Country', the singles and 'A.N.O.Celebration'. And for 'Rising from the Dread', it should belong to 'Chorpus Christie'.

So the Question arrises, 'Who owns UK Decay Records' ? ( its clearer who owns 'Chorpus Christie')

I think Uk Decay Records is 'jointly owned' by the 4 members ( Abbo, Steve Harle, Eddie Branch and SteveSpon) and John Loder ( Southern)

'Southern' had kept all the Master tapes from 'Unexpected Guest' to 'Celebration' in their archives ( hopefully still have!) and much respect to them for that! So I guess they feel they must be owed something!

Genarally i think it is down to us ( Franky Twiggy Steve-Spon . as Abbo is not looking it!) to aproach 'Southern' again! Really thats one reason that we have created this website and Forum to generate a position to get the Re Release idea moving again!

Any way nice one for checking in here! hopefully see you soon! Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Other points! 1 Reply with quote

Other points!
Quote:
There's a couple of Abbo interviews in there, which are sprawling entities from my Panache fanzine which I will just leave on the CDs, along with a Punk Lives interview, but I could give you some reviews to reprint?

Yes, Take a look at our gallery for an example of what the quality may be like! We intend to publish 3 or more complete versions of 'The Suss' fanzine in this way with selected cross refferences to a text version on areas poor quality print.

I will have to have a word to as how much bandwidth/memory we can have with our webmaster, as to how far we can go down this root generally.

Yes we would be delighted to see the 'reviews' we will put them up on our gallery and see how we get on!

http://www.ukdecay.co.uk/pictures/Flyersposters

150k jpgs are usually good for medium sized text providing its reasonablly clear!

Anyway cheers! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: The same goes for 'A Night For Celebration' - Reply with quote

Quote:
The same goes for 'A Night For Celebration' - and how about some of the bootlegs which went around in reasonable numbers?
For an answer i have pasted this here!
Quote:
I answer to your question about 'A Night For Celebration'

Between us here i reckon I am the only one left who has got a copy or at least I should have! I hav'nt seen it for some time. I guess I will have to do a trawl!
I do have half a memory of there being a 'DAT' version of this around which i would have thought 'Southern Records' would have a 'Master' copy..

We dont know anything about any 'Bootlegs'! please enlighten!

Arrow

mickmercer
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bootleg-wise I have Hammersmith Palais but there's tons of stuff out there, plus video footage isn't there? I have some from a pub gig.

Ask Graham Bentley, he must have a lot. I will put my feelers out. Not as in insect-like. As in people.

I am still human.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Graham Bentley! Reply with quote

Graham Bentley!

Funny we were talking about him the other day! That man spent the seventies and ( as far as we know ) the early eighties, videoing just about every band he could! Including David Bowie we think!

His 'Yard' was crammed with videotapes of Bands! We were speculating as to what had become of all of that material! Included in there are at least a couple of UK Decay Live Gigs! One was at 'Friars' in Aylesbury (maybe with Killing Joke)
We did hear a rumour of a 'bootleg' live video tape going round a couple years ago but couldnt validate this.
Does anyone out there Know of any UK Decay bootlegs?

(dont worry! after all this time we just want to hear/see these..we are not after calling in 'trades and standards'! LOL)
but we would like to know what there is!

Another thing, does anyone out there know of a contact for Graham Bentley? ( if anyone has you can 'PM' it to me,or pass us his e-mail or perhaps better still, point him to this Forum!) and
Finally,we are also trying to contact 'Eddie 'Twiggy Branch'! we have lost contact with him, we understand that he lives in the Birmingham area UK. but is constantly on the road!

okkeedokee bye for now! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Arrow

monokrom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Cherry Red/Anagram Reply with quote

Doing reserch for Cherry Red's "Gothic Collectors series" I know they were intressed in releasing UK Dekay stuff a couple of years ago but decided to ditch their plans when they were told that Abbo didn't want to see any UK Dekay stuff released. So...if Southern aren't into releasing it it might be a good idea to approach Iain at Cherry Red.
They did great with the Ausgang & 1919 CDs I think.
mickmercer
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research for them too or, rather, they asked me for info on furthering their series, and I put UK Decay at the top of the list, for obvious raesons, and yes, the very nice bloke I met, explained they weren't too hopeful.

I think you need Northampton contacts for Bentley. Try Alex at:
venus-fly-trap@lineone.net

Or the Jazz Butcher, maybe even David J or Daniel Ash through their websites. He always had tons of Bauhaus stuff.

If you don't have any joy I think I know a way to get in contact with him.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Welcome MonoKrom! Reply with quote

Welcome MonoKrom!

Yes nice one! Thanks for joining us!
I can assure you and anyone interested that one of the objects of getting this website of the ground and it will probablly take some time, effort and negotiation, will be to pull all of the peices together and to 'actualize' the re-release of UK Decay's material.

Theres nothing that cannot be done providing theres enough 'Will', 'legwork' and finance!

So here we are!

yours 'werewolf'! Twisted Evil Arrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: