UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bedford riot
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: bedford riot Reply with quote

anyone remember this ? must be plenty of news clippings of this to stick on this site.
expectorant guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: i woz there. oi want loadsa dosh for the inside story, ps. i Reply with quote

I woz there there, oi want loadsa dosh for the inside story. ps. I have been to bed with david beckham
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Bedford Riot Reply with quote

Yes we remember this or rather will never forget it! At the bunyan centre in the summer of 1981.
An experience not to be forgoten!
But best to forget!
will see if there is anything in the archives but I dont think so. 'micro-fishing' Bedford libraries local newspaper archives may turn up something (June/Jully 1981) I remember it made the local TV as well!
Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
MarkJeremy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Bedford riot! Reply with quote

A friend of mine, Bruce Jones, was the promoter. He also brought Theatre of Hate, the Mo-Dettes, the Exploited and a few more to Bedford. We actually had a scene for a month or two. I was DJ'ing betwen bands but left my gear to go down the front when UK DK went on. After the riot lots of my singles had "dissapeared" and my turntables were trashed. Bedford Skins! Always out for a laugh..................

Bedford Bauhaus Crew
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly (thankfully) i missed this one but the NME ran a piece about the trial afterwards. i think the band were giving evidence. it made me laugh how they quoted their real names which i hadn't known previously. probably the only coverage they got in the NME by that point , which had moved on to blue rondo a la turk or some such silliness. i moved over to "sounds" in protest.

must go dig out my old clippings , sure i kept a few
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re Bedford riot Reply with quote

Re Bedford riot
paulrabjohn wrote:
sadly (thankfully) i missed this one but the NME ran a piece about the trial afterwards. i think the band were giving evidence. it made me laugh how they quoted their real names which i hadn't known previously. probably the only coverage they got in the NME by that point , which had moved on to blue rondo a la turk or some such silliness. i moved over to "sounds" in protest.

must go dig out my old clippings , sure i kept a few

No-one round here remembers there being any 'NME' footage!...
Although Frank vividly remembers the Anglia TV coverage!

Arrow Twisted Evil Idea Twisted Evil

MattH

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my capacity as crime correspondent for Anglia News (aren't we all grown up now) I've had someone check back through our archives. We did run a piece on the "riot", mainly general views of the Bunyon Centre. However, to actually get the material onto a VHS tape would cost £25 which, sadly, I can't really justify to myself. If anyone else wants to I'd be only to happy to tell you how/arrange it. Still it's nice to know it's still there...preserved for posterity.

Matt H

The only thing worth fighting for
Is what YOU think
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Thats good to know! Reply with quote

Thats good to know!
MattH wrote:
In my capacity as crime correspondent for Anglia News (aren't we all grown up now) I've had someone check back through our archives. We did run a piece on the "riot", mainly general views of the Bunyon Centre. However, to actually get the material onto a VHS tape would cost £25 which, sadly, I can't really justify to myself. If anyone else wants to I'd be only to happy to tell you how/arrange it. Still it's nice to know it's still there...preserved for posterity.

Thanks Matt we can 'log' that info down you never know when we may need it! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Article on Bedford Riot in PaulRabJohns Scrapbook Reply with quote

Article on Bedford Riot in PaulRabJohns Scrapbook

Its not posted at current time but is expected to be posted in next few days. Its part of 'Paul Rab Johns' scrapbook collection so ....

Check back here

Idea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Article on Bedford Riot Reply with quote

Article on Bedford Riot
[url=http://www.ukdecay.co.uk/pictures/paulrabjohn1/ReviewsPRJ5?full=1]
The article promised in the previous thread, is on the lower-left corner of this page....go there![/url]
Twisted Evil Gives thy a finger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: