UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bedford riot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... wasn't one of the lame defences used that the fanzine 'Coming Attack' (RIP the Chairman) incited the skins to riot? I was there but don't think thzt the fanzine was that inflammatory.

I remember getting chased by skins from the Horse & Groom as well ... it's a mosque now I think.

What happened to Driv and his wife from the Condemned?
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: What happened to Driv and his wife from the Condemned? Reply with quote

LU&_PX wrote:
What happened to Driv and his wife from the Condemned?

Seconded!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Ian Lee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Andy Driver Reply with quote

Andy Driver and wife Sue, from Bedford ? The Condemned ?

Well, I can help here. On 1 April 2004, I met Andy and new partner Vicki at a gig by The Fall (supported by Pubic Fringe- check them out if you can) at The Irish Club, Birmingham.

The Glorious Old Bastard is their band now. They live in Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, and can be contacted at info@gobontheweb.com (I hope they don't mind this info being put in the public domain. Probably not- it was on the CD they gave me of their groups' strange recordings !)
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: skins riot Reply with quote

All that was started by Aidan Sterling,The biggest of the bedford skins, as i remember, getting up on stage covered in blood. He'd had an altercation with the bouncers, poor sod, but the skins thought it was the punks and started on everyone. It was horribly impressive when the fire doors all seemed to burst open at once and in poured loads more skins, who hadn't been let in. I seem to remember Auntie Sue on stage swinging a mike stand, and someone else a guitar !?, Wild West !
nycelticboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Bedford Riot , I was definitely there ! Reply with quote

please excuse me for not being online earlier , only I've only just found out from Spon that this site exists ! It wasn't the best night to remember , but in the old punk days there seemed to be a scrap at every opportunity , hence the famous (in our minds) Luton Belts who overcame overwhelming odds in many cities and towns around the UK in acts of self defence. Brings to mind the Clash " what we wear is dangerous gear , get you picked on anywhere " , and it did.

We'd only played a couple of songs and I remember being pushed off the stage by a bonehead after I said some anti racist comment in reply to their seig heiling/racism chants , and within a minute it seemed the venue was empty aside from the band , crew and heeps of skinheads , the fights seemed to go on forever until the police arrived , and then they got a hiding from the skinheads. Then more police arrived etc etc , it looked like a Monty Python sketch .

I was given a whole bunch of press stuff from a young lass from Leighton Buzzard who I met at a Pavement show years later (just got there before she gave it to the band , who would have no doubt used it for some form of amusement) , and the front page of the Bedford paper was amongst them.

Shame , should have all been about the music .......anyway , up the Hatters , great start to the season !

abbo
Mister English

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: full moon madness. Reply with quote

you should stay out of haunted churches, you never know who might wake.
A night for celebration, a night to wind up (the S....s)
Thesis:
without the battles uk decay would not have been the same band
Discuss.
it was a kind of Rites of Passage the fans had to go through. The real dk followers had to endure a possible cell for the night, a bus to the gigs and then a % mile walk home, thats if they didnt get a broken limb from pogoing or a good kick in the nethers by phil dill or farmer chris for spittin at that geezer abbo. And i remember that dude spoon who only had 5 strings on his guitar cause it was a dyslexic guitar. Then that little drummer geeza, steve, who couldnt keep the chicks off him. I dont know how he did it. And i recall that mad proffsor bloke that tried to sell me an old Jag at the Woolaston gig. I think he was a mate of that steve hawkins. Then there was PneuMania in the earlier gigs in town. What happened to that mike english bloke he was an old fox.Where are they all now. Somewhere on this forum no doubt.
The sprit of dear eric morcame walks these hallowed pages.
The names read like the roll call of great historic battles. I am certain no oether band has existed that had such an "interesting carreer". no one went out for trouble, well maybe sometimes but lets face it, to even go ahead with a gig knowing that all hell might break lose, well that took a special kind of motivation. like a band of brothers in casavelaunis 52 bc against the might of ceasrs armies they charged bare-assed into their invocation of their vision. it might have been the mush roomin tea!
when will we hear them play live again? Are they still in possession of a full set of limbs. tempus fugittsu as dellboy might say.
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: farmer chris Reply with quote

Aha, someone else who remembers farmer Chris ,Chris Hall. He was a sort of Minder for Siouxsie Sioux as well ,until they fell out. She used to treat him terrible though. He was a great guy, looked like Adam Ant, but better looking and more Butch. Haven't seen him for about 10 years, since i last bumped into him at M.K. shops.
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Chris Hall Reply with quote

Gorgeous bloke. I last saw him at Steve Harle's funeral.
However, I met his brother a couple of years back during a MK Citizen Monday Quiz cup Game - he plays for a team from Salford.
I stated the conversation with "Do you know Chris Hall, he's from Salford?" and this massive bloke said - "Yes, he's my brother!".
Small place Salford (Bedfordhire. not near Manchester).
I can report, that though Chris' brother was very amusing, here the similarity ended.
He did tell me that Chris now is a farmer, (not just the farmers son).
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nycelticboy wrote:
please excuse me for not being online earlier , only I've only just found out from Spon that this site exists ! It wasn't the best night to remember , but in the old punk days there seemed to be a scrap at every opportunity , hence the famous (in our minds) Luton Belts who overcame overwhelming odds in many cities and towns around the UK in acts of self defence. Brings to mind the Clash " what we wear is dangerous gear , get you picked on anywhere " , and it did.

We'd only played a couple of songs and I remember being pushed off the stage by a bonehead after I said some anti racist comment in reply to their seig heiling/racism chants , and within a minute it seemed the venue was empty aside from the band , crew and heeps of skinheads , the fights seemed to go on forever until the police arrived , and then they got a hiding from the skinheads. Then more police arrived etc etc , it looked like a Monty Python sketch .

I was given a whole bunch of press stuff from a young lass from Leighton Buzzard who I met at a Pavement show years later (just got there before she gave it to the band , who would have no doubt used it for some form of amusement) , and the front page of the Bedford paper was amongst them.

Shame , should have all been about the music .......anyway , up the Hatters , great start to the season !

abbo

AHA Welcome home ABBO!!

You finally made it the party!!

Its Great to hear from you!!

You are one Hell of an extraordinary man!

Without you, none of this would have been possible!

Maximum Respect Guvnor!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: chris hall Reply with quote

Aha ! blimey i'll have to look him up, i'm often at friends in Cranfield, just round the corner.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: