UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

03.05.04 - Dead Kennedys Announce Nine Date UK Tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: 03.05.04 - Dead Kennedys Announce Nine Date UK Tour Reply with quote

dead Kennedys playing on tour in uk
http://www.deadkennedys.com/news.htm#030804

Update on Lawsuits Against DK
Following a California Appellate Court’s verdict last June, two of the three active lawsuits filed against the Dead Kennedys by their former record company, Alternative Tentacles Records (A.T.R.), have been dropped. A Federal Court action and an Alameda County Superior Court action filed against the band by the company were officially withdrawn in October of last year. These lawsuits were in addition to the label’s California Appellate Court case against the bandUnfortunately, A.T.R. is continuing its legal action against Dead Kennedys with papers filed in San Francisco Superior Court in November 2003. Each lawsuit by the record company has been an attempt to destroy the band's equal partnership of more than twenty years, Decay Music. Decay is a joint partnership between Jello Biafra, East Bay Ray, Klaus Flouride and D.H. Peligro.

Both Decay Music and Dead Kennedys have been tied down in court by the record company for more than five years now. In September 1998, the band decided to leave the label after it was discovered that A.T.R. was deliberately being dishonest with the band about royalties owed and wrongly profiting for over 10 years on the band’s share of the income.

http://www.deadkennedys.com/
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: The Dead Kennedys Reply with quote

I have just been to the website of the Dead kennedys and read their 'open letter'
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, there was a nutty posting on the Internet concerning Dead Kennedys' new "Live at The Deaf Club" CD. Let's just say: We had to laugh like hell. The posting was rife with inaccuracies and embraced immoral smear tactics in a pathetic "I am not a crook" attempt to influence public opinion. If it hasn't been said enough: don't believe everything you read...especially on the Internet.

http://www.deadkennedys.com/news.htm#04050

Putting 'two and two together' I think the 'nutty' they are talking about has got to be 'Jello Biafra'. The 'Kennedys split in 1986 and it seems in the last few years ( since1998 ) the 'reformation' of the band minus Jello has led to litigations and recriminations.
The 'Kennedys' formed the label 'Alternative Tentacles' in 1979 (I think) and continued to release their material until the bands split in1986.

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/bandinfo.php?band=jello

So it seems that over the ensuing legal 'fracass' that Jello has retained the right to the ''Alternative Tentacle' label and the others are left with the name 'The Dead Kennedys' and have formed a new label Decay!!!! Music! ( do you think we could sue them!!! ED )
A band is like any partnership ( ie marriage ) and often because of the intensity of experience and emotions, the 'partnership' can 'see-saw' between the 'ultimate high' and 'the 'ultimate low'. Bustups can lead to very 'bitter' and 'dark' behaviours between the 'partners', especially when there is money involved. A very sad thing to see comming from a band that was in the forefront of the punk and protest movements in the US, during the early Eighties.
The 'reformed' Kennedys have just completed their UK tour and I noticed they were scheduled to play the 'infamous' Northampton 'Roadmenders' ( dam I missed it!) but in a way I am glad i did, because I think I would always like to keep my memories sweet for one of the finest bands to come out of the US. The Classic line up from 1980 of the 'Dead Kennedys' RIP! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: DEAD KENNEDYS Reply with quote

Totally agree....
20 years after re union affairs are usually attended by 1) people who didnt see them before and have all the records, 2) people who did, and go to see if the band has decayed 'no pun intended' as much as they have..They usually come away bitterly disappointed, because the gig forever destroys those youthfull memories..

Sex Pistols anyone? A prime example of something that should never have happened, and when they did come back, they didnt want to go away again..Sort of made them doubly irrelevant.

I remember the Kennedys from West Runton Pavilion....
Alan - TANTRABOY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: