UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LUTON BOROUGH COUNCIL NOT GREEN!! +POLL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Shrubs & Tree's, keep em or fell em??
Maintain and plant as much green as possible- We need the green to soak up CO2 & replenish lost oxygen
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Do nothing - Nature - God - will delliver!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lets ave the Concrete - give me 'Top Gear' anytime
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Stop the Planet - I want to get off"
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have said the same about being told but maybe you're right and it is all horsethingy or whatever you called it.

And you've even guessed who I am. Almost. But c'mon, one was an articulate writer of tuneful melodies with hope and vision; the other just an argumentative ranter.

Lord Doom on a Kurdish demo? You don't get many goths on those.

The last time I saw him was seeing Nick Cave Brixton Academy at the end of the 80's. He even said Hello to me (Doom I mean).

I'll never work out who "dahei" is unless you help me...
dahei
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH NO HE WASN'T !!!!

though you proberbly were !!!!

shit ...that stuff interferes with your senses ..

we were all too shitfaced to pass any sensible opinion [or were we in fact making total sense the world is just 50 years behind ] then .... some of us haven't changed ..

do you remember lady di day .....

was that you with the torch in the underpass ??...

"behold your future executioners"

and not a concrete post or a pissed frenchman in site

GOOD TIMES
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I liked his lyrics and music; but as he said himself, you can't just sing about it, you have to try and actually do something.

Indeed, we were all too shit-faced a lot of the time but there were a lot of sensible opinions passed as well. We didn't do so badly, considering our humble DIY origins. A lot of the things people said at the time seemed exagerated but have come to pass, not because we were geniuses but because society was heading that way and we wanted to find out about it and avoid it. I can remember there being no jobs, no hope, no future and that sense of despair that could only be relieved by thinking how to combat it, getting plastered and all the other things that most people regarded as pathetic.

The Lady Di day was fantastic; we had learnt the lessons of the Prince Charles visit so no-one got nicked. What a laugh. Comodity was fantastic that day, and me, for all my desire to be articulate and decisive just mumbled something. He was there, at the front, a mass of rags and hair and studs, and people had to think WTF he was on about. And there was Wayne standing next to me, shouting out WHAT ABOUT THE POOR, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY, then another Dave (Dave S) joking," Your dad's got VD" and it being in the Sun the next day, FOUL MOUTH PUNKS TELL DI, DAD'S GOT VD. And then the climbing of the flag-pole and the nicking of the Union Jack as the headmaster came out and shouted at him.

And going home, then coming back for more as she took off in the helicopter and shouting into the microphone of the BBC journo as he described the scene. Him shuffling out the way to avoid us being heard... And then the pigs in the Luton News denying the Sun reports that we'd been swearing. "The punks were only shouting things like, 'What about the poor?'" Classic.

I don't know about torches and underpasses though, nor concrete posts and pissed frenchmen but yeah, GOOD TIMES where we made something modest out of nothing.
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahei wrote:
delusional paranoid hippy horse shit .... is that one word?

who you think you are Dhei, dont talk to people like that have some respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: