UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uk decay video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna try and get in touch with siouxsie and see if he/she can do us a copy. I'll point this site out to him/her too.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , i've got this approach to work before. presumably this guy/girl is a hardcore siouxsie fan , between all of us we can probably cobble up something to trade that might get us a copy?

not surprised at the price though , this must be a pretty rare thing....

p
Sebzy
Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Siouxsie Reply with quote

Maybe a gig ticket form ireland that was kept after the show was cancled.

http://seb.tradgoth.com/v/flyers/TIcket-SiouxsieAndTheBanshees2002.jpg.html

Not many of these around as they were all returned for refund.

Seb.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm , that's good. i went to the aylesbury friars gig on that tour , i think the second last gig mckay and morris played. i've got a tape of it which i guess is pretty rare , if anyone gets in touch they're welcome to offer this person a copy of it.........

p
sham64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people

Read this thread with interest. Can somebody tell me what the original item for sale on ebay was please as its obviously gone now?

The reason I ask is I have a Stranglers Target Video (1978 San Francisco One) and on the end is a load of short other clips from other bands (more Target Videos available ect) including the UK Decay "For My Country" clip. Its only about 25 seconds or so.

I am assuming, with this in mind, that there is a FULL Target Video/DVD knocking about featuring UK Decay. Can anyone shed any light on this. I'd pay very good money for it if it existed even if it was just on VHS (as I can convert to DVD no problem)

I can get the For My Country clip up on here if anyone wants it.

Cheers

Mike
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"for my country" appears on a target video compilation (just the one track). i put this on a dvd and it was shown at the 2007 reunion. abbo was in attendance and he said he had seen the film of the whole DK gig. however it wasn't ever released , so i guess it's in someone's archive somewhere. be a magnificent thing to see.

i did a VHS to DVD copy , but as it was a US video (NSTC) it wasn't perfect quality , it had some distortion running along the bottom of the screen (that wasn't visible when you just watched the video). i mucked around for ages but couldn't get rid of this interference. if you know how to do this i'd love to know.

p
sham64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulrabjohn wrote:
"for my country" appears on a target video compilation (just the one track). i put this on a dvd and it was shown at the 2007 reunion. abbo was in attendance and he said he had seen the film of the whole DK gig. however it wasn't ever released , so i guess it's in someone's archive somewhere. be a magnificent thing to see.

i did a VHS to DVD copy , but as it was a US video (NSTC) it wasn't perfect quality , it had some distortion running along the bottom of the screen (that wasn't visible when you just watched the video). i mucked around for ages but couldn't get rid of this interference. if you know how to do this i'd love to know.

p

Hi Mate

Thanks for your reply. Very nice to hear a full version does actually exist although its unbelievable that it was never released! Idiots! I guess Target never thought it would sell (how wrong they were)

I'm not sure about the NSTC video stuff to be honest. I brought one of these things and just press a button!

http://www.technologyinthehome.com/Shop/TV-AND-Visual/86-Daewoo-DRVT43-DVD-Recorder-AND-VHS-Combo.html

Very handy for transfering old VHS to DVD although some of my old tapes were too knackered/dusty to convert.

Theres the UK Decay short clip just in case anyone else wants it. Its under 6mb but its good quality

http://www.mediafire.com/?loguxq0u2yx

Thanks again for solving that puzzle.............looks like I'll have to try and track that compilation then!

Mike
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that daewoo looks useful. i have a dvd burner and a VHS video i link up with SCART leads. using this i can make a really good DVD off a PAL video. however if i use an NSTC (USA spec) video it plays fine thru the VHS but you can't get a "clean" dvd out of it. i tried this round a friends house (who has a similar kind of set up) and we just got the same interference effect. maybe the Daewoo gets around this , if so thats a good bonus.

the target compilation uk dk are on is pretty good , also has siouxsie and young marble giants. i've seen it come up twice on ebay in maybe 5 years so this is dead rare , i think its called "underground volume 3" but i'm not at home now so can't check that for sure.

p
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth trying the John Peel list on Yahoo! They keep digging up lost audio and video recordings, etc
sham64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again folks

Just thought I'd tip off those that are interested. Underground Forces 2 with UK Decay on it is has been put on the Punk Torrents side. Its ripped from VHS to DVD 3.75 gig (big file) Quality is not fantastic but if you want this video then I doubt it would bother you too much.

I downloaded it myself and stuck the full UK Decay clip on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh9Vbb63BAc&feature=channel_page

I had to rip the dvd to avi and split it to get in to there and it was a pain in the arse to put it bluntly. I haven't got a dvd burner on the computer but if anyone wants the complete video on avi or just the uk decay clip give us a shout and I'll upload it here for you (if thats allowed)

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: