UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANTI-SOCIETY ANARCHO PUNK CD SERIES VOL 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: ANTI-SOCIETY ANARCHO PUNK CD SERIES VOL 3 Reply with quote

VARIOUS ARTISTS
‘Anti-Society (Anarcho-Punk Compilation Vol. 3)’

23 track CD only: 68 minutes: Label: Overground
Cat. No. OVER IO7VP CD
Release Date UK/Europe/R.O.W.: I3th February 2OO6
Release Date USA: IIth April 2OO6

‘Anti-Society’ is the third release in Overground Record’s critically acclaimed Anarcho-Punk series that is chronicling and serving as the definitive guide to the 1980s Anarcho-Punk scene.

The series has been hailed by reviewers and listeners alike as the most important punk re-issue series in well over a decade. This important series is a long overdue, aural history document of an integral, important and hugely influential part of UK punk scene that has, until now, largely been written out of punk history.

‘Anti-Society’ has, like previous releases in the series, been pain-stakingly compiled from over 1000 recordings from vinyl, demo cassettes, unreleased studio recordings and live gigs from the 1980s before settling on 23 tracks, 11 of which are previously unreleased and a 24-page booklet with detailed band biographies and many previously unseen photos.

The CD includes previously unreleased and first time to CD recordings by some of the scene’s ‘bigger’ names e.g. Icons Of Filth, Oi Polloi, Alternative, Icon AD but is also an Aladdin’s cave of the Anarcho punk scenes underground legends; The Apostles, Karma Sutra, Exit-Stance, Hagar The Womb, Part 1, Andy T, The Sears and many others.

The epic sleeve notes by Sean McGhee recall the history of the scene that felt empowered by the fact that it was attempting to move outside ‘society’, which seemed a corrupt, war obsessed and totally unfair place to be. The Anarcho-Punk scene with its rallying call of ‘no compromise with their society’ attracted many disillusioned punks and the resulting ripples of discontent are still being felt today.

‘Anti-Society’ captures the spirit of an era when the youth were in direct conflict with the establishment and trying to change the world. The sound is energetic and angry and often delivered with an intensity lacking today. ‘Anti-Society’ is the essential soundtrack of those times.

Track Listing:
REALITY CONTROL – Forgive Us/ ICONS OF FILTH- Your Military/ SEARS- Not Prepared/ A.O.A.-Who Are They Trying To Con?/LIBERTY- Revenge/ DAVE ASGROVE BAND- I Rebel/ KARMA SUTRA- Fantasy Ball/ ICON A.D.- Seeing is Believing/ EXIT-STANCE- Christian Militia/ ALTERNATIVE- Where are your Hiroshimas?/ LOOK MUMMY CLOWNS-Sell Your Dreams/ REALITY- Acceptable Death Loss/ THATCHER ON ACID- Our Gods Are Falling Down/ PART 1-Salem/ ANDY T- Exploitation/ REVULSION- Out of Touch/ APOSTLES- Berserker/ UNTERMENSCH- Ashfield Valley Headkick/ HAGAR THE WOMB- Dressed To Kill/ STALAG 17- Doomsday Machine/ OI POLLOI- Stop Vivisection Now/ ANTI STATE CONTROL-M.U.S.E./ THE MENTAL-Attack
www.overgroundrecords.co.uk
www.myspace.com/anarchopunkcdseries

Distribution: OVERGROUND
UK
www.voiceprint.co.uk
www.punkoiuk.co.uk/shop
www.inflammablematerial.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk
www.outofstep.co.uk
www.keymailorder.com
www.mrpibbs.com/inmat/
www.pinnacle-entertainment.co.uk
www.freakemporium.com
www.activedistribution.org
www.dislocate.co.uk
www.cadizmusic.com
USA
www.gethip.com
www.veltedregnub.com
www.midheaven.com
www.stickfiguredistro.com
www.drstrange.com
www.amazon.com
www.interpunk.com
www.akpress.com
www.profaneexistence.com
Canada
www.scratchrecords.com
Germany
www.jump-up.de
www.cargo-records.de
www.lostandfound.de
www.green-hell.de
www.normalmailorder.de
France
www.malokadistro.com
www.sugarandspice.fr
Belgium and Netherlands
www.bertus.com
www.ghetto-rock.com
Italy
www.abraxasrecords.com
www.nailrecords.com
Sweden
www.megarock.se
Norway
www.bigdipper.no
Spain
http://www.everlastingrecords.com
Japan
www.a.sanpal.co.jp/irregular
www.ignition.jp
www.recordshopbase.com
http://www.diskunion.co.jp
www.natrecords.com
Greece
www.scarecrow.gr
Brazil
www.voiceprint.com.br
And many other small distributors
dahei
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1980's anarcho punk revival ?????......jesus i've seen it all now .....take me back to the beep beep room
sean
Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one mentioned 'revival'. Don't be so dismissive! If you check out the site www.myspace.com/anarchopunkcdseries
you'll see that the definition of 'Anarcho punk' is very wide, and I've included many smaller acts who were a bit more inventive than the bands who aped Crass. The sleevenotes are VERY extensive (the latest over 10,000 words) and I'm really quite proud of the results so far. Although the music isn't the most life changing or stunning (with some exceptions!) the ideas that inspired the bands shaped a lot of peoples lives from then on and I think the whole 'Anarcho punk' scene has been overlooked in the recent books on punk history.
Don't expect everyone to agree with my view point or analysis but please don't slag off the series if you haven't seen or heard the releases.
Sean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: