UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stingray club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Stingray club Reply with quote

Does anyone remember the Stingray club? I have only vague recollections of the place, but it's been so long since I've been in Luton, I can't even remember where it was. There was a pizza shop on the corner. That's the best I can do. Must confess, I was experimenting with mind expansion quite a lot around that time. Confused
Fish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Stingray Reply with quote

Hi Bugsy

Crazy fish here.

The stingray Club was held at Cheers the small club by the flyover next to Pizza express. It was run by Derek out of Click Click with Jackie doing the box office. If I'm correct it used to be on Monday nights.

Music I remeber well included Cabaret Voltair the Cramps, Iggy Pop. 1979-80 was the year this club started and was about the time Derek was in the Nervious Surgeons. I think it moved briefly to Strokes (the club above the Chinese Retsaurant and opposite the Coopers Arms
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fish, it's gradually coming back to me now. Place was quite small wasn't it?
fish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: stingray Reply with quote

Although Derek and Jackie did run the club in the early days Rick and Kas took over the running. These 2 were Lutons early eighties fashion gurus who ran a small shop/studio down Barbers Lane
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Fish..what was the name of their Club in London? Reply with quote

Fish..what was the name of their Club in London?
Fish wrote:
Although Derek and Jackie did run the club in the early days Rick and Kas took over the running. These 2 were Lutons early eighties fashion gurus who ran a small shop/studio down Barbers Lane

What was the name of the shop Rick and Kas ran down barbers lane?.

There at one time was a recording studio behind it that recorded many Luton bands...UK Decay used it occasionally as a rehearsall space in 1982.

And what was the name of Rick and Kas 's 'bohemian' club in London during the 90's?
Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Fish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Barbers lane Reply with quote

yea Wolfie the name of the shop was identity and it had quite a 50's feel to it. The club rick run was something like Pushka. I done several parties there in 80's. Darren the drummer met Ricks sister there and Rick Camp started going out with Gaynor so it was quite an eventful party.

I played a couple of acid house doos there about 88,89
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: thanks to the fish Reply with quote

thanks to the fish!
Excellent! now you have filled in the spaces on that!
do you know if 'Pushka' are still going, or have a website?
Thanks for that
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Fish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know any website as this club did not interest me Derek Click should know more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: