UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic Records audition nights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerholdstock
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Plastic Records audition nights Reply with quote

Held over 3 nights at 33 in the summer of 1980. They were recorded - are these recordings still around? I've got the Friction and Cinematics sets, but only recorded onto a portable cassette in the corner of the room!

Werewolf - where are the originals, and who did get signed?????
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Plastic Records audition nights Reply with quote

Plastic Records audition nights
Yes thats certainlly a good point..will ask 'franky' and get back to you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Plastic Records Audition Nights Reply with quote

Plastic Records Audition Nights

Plastic Records was the Label formed by UK Decay, Pneumania and 'the Captain' in 1979.
The first release (summer 1979) was the 'Split Single' with both UK Decay and Pneumania ..2 tracks each. After that obviously with a line-up change (Spon joining UK decay), the next release was UK decays 'Black-45' ep which came out I think Oct/Nov of 1979.
In early 1980, Decay had signed up to 'Fresh Records' and released 'For my Country' This led to the question of what was to become of 'Plastic Records'?
One idea i think we had at the time spring/summer 1980 was to carry on and find new bands to release! there was also a shortage of venues in luton (especially after the Town Hall do's) so someone came with the idea of the 'Audition-nights' .killing two birds with one stone!
So they were held over 3 nights at Lutons 33 arts centre and just about every local band played! The shows were recorded although we have forgotten on what! but i am afraid I have no idea where or what became of the recordings unfortunatelly! It is possible they may have remained at '33' but with all their comings and goings of the last 20 years and the fact they have now moved, means I think it would be extremley unlikely they would still have them!

If anyone knows who was recording the sessions or on what meduim they were recorded, please fill us in.
As far as who got signed up-well I think in the end there just wasn' t the funds to do any releases, mainly because a number of the distributors were either slow at paying up or simply didnt at all! and UK Decay got spirited away on the 'Kennedys' tour and so on..there was also 'Matrix' and the' Suss' zine..well i supose it was a nice idea..but I guess it must have been disappointing that no one did get signed up, but on a positive note it was a memorable fesitival of local Punk music it would be really nice to find the recordings...if anyone has any thoughts please let us know! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Plastic Records Audition Nights
I had a thought that the late Jeff Hamilton managed the recordings for this event.

At the time '33' arts centre had a 'revolutionary' Binaural recording sytem'(a set of headphones on a manaquin!...does anyone remember this?) a dummy head wearing a set of cans at the back of the room!

Perhaps, just perhaps Paul Jolly from the Arts center may have a memory about this, or the whearabouts of the tapes. I do see him from time to time, so will ask him next time I see him!
Laughing Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: